At Collins K-9 we are committed to providing our
clients with the very best service possible.
- Residential Searches Including
- Yard & Exterior of Home
- Vehicle Searches
- Family Areas
- Storage/Garage Areas
- Safety/Security Consultation
- Bomb Threat Training
A Few Points to Consider....
- Canine searches provide a more complete and efficient search of large areas.
- Canine searches will alert you to any residual odors of illicit drugs.
- Drug tests cost an average of $25.00 each, and only indicate to drugs in a
person's system and that have already been used. Tests do not indicate where
the drug abuser is actually using, obtaining, or hiding these illicit drugs, where a
canine search can alert to places these drugs are not only hidden, but where they
were hidden in the past.
- Hand searching is tedious and inefficient, and can make a mess!
- Canine Searches less intrusive and thought of as more fair by teens and young
adults. These special dogs are only alerting you to odors of illicit drugs and will not
expose any other "private" matters intentionally.
- The canine itself is a deterrent, your teens will know you mean business when we
**Please keep in mind that these statistics may under represent the actual drug
use among teens because high school dropouts and truants were not represented
and may have more involvement with drugs and alcohol than their peers. Early
intervention significantly reduces a student's risk of becoming part of this growing
number of teens.**
- A 2005 Study found that close to half of all high school students in the U.S. had
used Marijuana prior to graduation. Research is also showing that those students
who began smoking Marijuana before the age of 12 are twice as likely to manifest
- In a 2006 study, 62% of high school students stated that illicit drugs were kept,
used or sold at their schools.
- A December 2008 survey of high school seniors reported 32% had used Marijuana
in the last year, and of those students 19.4% had used the drug in the last 30
days. This is a pronounced increase from only 12% in 1992.
- As many as 32% of children who use drugs and alcohol before the age of 21 will
go on to have serious drug addiction problems in the future that include altered
judgement and continual drug seeking behavior.
- March 2, 2010 - The Partnership for a Drug-Free America and the
MetLife Foundation concluded a study showing more teens are using
Marijuana, Alcohol and Ecstasy. Click here to visit their website.